Tuesday 12 August 2008

Day 4

At last! A quiet day ahead!!


Bran woke me at 6 o'clock this morning and I had to literally drag myself out of bed to let him out. However, he had not done a wee in his crate!! I'm so proud of my clever boy!


He objected to the fact that it was raining when he went out of the back and plonked himself on the back door step in protest, but soon headed off when his body woke up properly!


Wonderfully, both dogs came back in and spent half an hour playing whilst I cuddled up on the sofa, then Flora curled up in her bed and Bran curled up on the sofa with me and we all fell fast asleep.


I woke up with a start thinking that we'd dozed for an hour to find that we'd all been asleep for 3 hours!!!


We've had a pleasantly quiet day today.Well, me and the kids have. The dogs have had their now usual routine of wrestling and snoozing and eating and playing tug and snoozing and racing and snoozing and eating and wrestling some more!


Bran has been very good today at proving how clever he is: he has stopped chewing whatever he was intently chewing when told "no" and has happily chomped on his nylabone instead (when Flora hasn't been hiding it from him!); he has been perfecting his sit in front of the treat jar routine; he has been expertly jumping up on to the sofa so that he can attack Flora's head as well as her ankles and.........drum roll please.............I have only had to clear up one puddle today!!!


All in all (and please feel free to mark this down as Famous Last Words) having a puppy in the house is proving to be a MUCH more positive experience than I had banked on. He is just such a delight to have around and can make everybody smile with no effort at all.


Every home should have one ;o)


No comments:

Post a Comment