Wednesday 13 May 2009

Rollercoaster

Been of a bit a rollercoaster of a day today!

I was not happy that Flora was allowed out to play with all the toys this morning and I had to be shut in her crate  :o(  Mummy said that it was because I keep making her play all the time and she should still be resting lots after the hopperayshun. Hmph. Doesn't sound right to me but while she was out playing with MY toys I snuggled up in her verrrrrrrrrrry comfy crate and chewed on her yummy nylabone. So there.

When she went back in her crate, I tried to sit on the sofa and have a sulk but I can't even do that in peace! There was I, sulking my best sulk, when Mummy came in with the camera and started taking photos of me. Just to add insult to injury, the flippin' puppy jumped up next to me and started barking at me in a vain attempt to get me to play. I wasn't gonna play, I was far too busy sulking.





This afternoon was brill!! Mummy took me out in the car all by myself - no kids, no other dogs, just me and Mummy. I like going in the car. The special bit in the back for us dogs is dead comfy with a big squishy bed in it.

When Mummy got me out of the car we went into a great big shop. It was FANTASTIC!! It smelled like food and toys and food and food and toys and food and toys and food and food...... and I just sniffsniffsniffed at everything! Mummy squeaked some toys at me and I got all excited and did a little dance right in the middle of the shop  :o)  Lots of people made a fuss of me and told me how handsome I was. I smiled at them and licked their hands. They seemed to like that because they usually shared the lick with their trousers! Mummy put lots of yummy smelling things in the basket and I was just a very happy boy. She asked me if I wanted rabbit for tea and I said "yes please!!" because I had seen a rabbit in the shop that looked like this.....


Very yummy looking, eh?  ;o)  Anyway, she did not put a bouncing rabbit with great big ears in the basket, but a very cold block of something brown. Blah. Borrrrring.

When we went to pay the man, he gave me some treats for being a very handsome boy. Well, I don't like to brag, but..............  :oD  I wasn't very happy at being taken out of the excellent shop but when I got in the car Mummy gave me one of the yummy smelling treats so I decided to not lodge too much of an objection.

We drove slowly through lots of cars on the way home, but then the car stopped and I realised that we were at the park!! Oooh I love the park. I usually  go the park in the afternoon with Mummy or when it's later with my mate, Cooper, but today it was a bit windy and rainy and so there weren't any other dogs to play with. Luckily, Mummy had remembered to bring my squeaky ball with her so I chased around after that until I was tired.

When we got home, Mummy put lots of things into the big pot that usually has yummy smelling hot stuff in it and what did I smell???? Rabbit!!!!!! Oooh it smelled so delicious that I drooled on the floor. I had to wait until it was cold enough for me to eat safely (that was about 2 years!) but when I did get it to eat.........ohhhhhhhh. It was like heaven in my mouth!! Yum!!

After filling my belly with delicious tea, I decided to have a little snooze on the bed next to where Mummy sits when she uses the computer. She laughed and got the camera out again. She says that really none of the dogs in this house are the right size for the bed. What's that all about then?
Me on the bed


Hugo on the bed


And then she kept the camera out and took some more photos of me. I was still not best impressed at having that thing in my face again.......




........so I ignored her and pretended to sleep ;o)


Mummy keeps telling me that something exciting is happening tomorrow but, personally, I can't see what could top today! I hope it means that we're going back to that brill shop again!


No comments:

Post a Comment