Thursday 21 August 2008

Day 10 - Monday 18th August

Bit of a strange day today. We were meant to be having a fairly quiet day until Bran's vet visit in the evening, but I ended up having to spend quite a lot of time with my grandparents so Bran got to spend most of the afternoon playing with Flora and the kids.

The visit to the vets was as good as vet visits go, I suppose. Sat in the waiting room was another lady with a very odd looking chocolate lab and she asked me if Bran was a chocolate lab puppy. I replied that he was and she shook her head before telling me that her chocolate lab is now 7 years old and still hyper. Meantime, Bran was calmly sat on my lap looking around and taking everything in but not making a noise or fidgetting. About as far from hyper as you could get without being asleep!

I explained to the vet about his symptoms and she agreed that it was probably kennel cough, but she gave him a thorough examination whilst we were there. My very clever boy just stood quietly wagging his tail while she checked his coat, his eyes, his ears, his nose, his throat, his belly, his testicles, his bottom - everything. The vet then said that she was amazed at how calm he was for a puppy of his age, let alone a chocolate lab puppy! She carried him out to the scales to weigh him and announced that he is a mammoth 9.5 kilos!!! He was then given an antibiotic injection at which he didn't even flinch. He has a 5 day course of antibiotics also and is due back on Saturday for his second vaccination.

After the vets, I took him to visit my grandparents for an hour and he was so well behaved! He just sniffed at them, had a little nibble on my auntie's handbag strap, then fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment