Thursday 21 August 2008

Day 11 - Tuesday 19th August

I tackled the waking up early thing a bit differently today. When Bran woke me at 5.30 (after having slept right through the night and not weeing in his crate), I took him out to the garden for a wee and then put him back into the crate. I then settled onto the sofa for some more sleep. Not a sound out of him! He slept on for another 3 hours!! I'm hoping that this way he'll get used to going back to sleep in his crate after his early morning wee and I'll eventually be able to go back to bed.

Today we had a visit from my best friend, Sarah, and her 3 year old, Zack, again.

Zack again came into the house scared of Bran but quickly settled and Bran was soooooooooo good that I didn't bother to put him in his crate for the duration of this visit - only when we were eating.

He was left for about half an hour at one point, whilst we walked to the chip shop, and appeared to be absolutely fine. There was no barking this time when we got home and his Kong was well on the way to being emptied. Clever boy.

He was then left for another half an hour or so when I took the children to visit my grandparents in the early evening. Again, we arrived home to a quiet, calm puppy and an empty Kong.

I really do still have to pinch myself to convince myself that he is actually here and is such a good boy.

I texted Fi to let her know how Bran had got on at the vets yesterday and she told me that he'd been previously weighed at his vet visit the day before he came to me. At that point he'd weighed in at 6 kilos! He's put on 3.5 kilos in 10 days!! I think he's going to be a big boy indeed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment